Sunday 7 May 2017

Homemade Pizza


It's the weekend and I've involved my daughter in the making of this very easy to make Homemade Pizza.

This recipe was so easy to follow that my girl was able to help from the measuring of the ingredients to the handling of the pizza dough to the adding of the pizza toppings! It was a terrific way to bond and we definitely had loads of fun making this for lunch.


The pizza dough was unimaginably easy and quick to make. Just 10 minutes or so is all you need when you want to have a quick pizza fix. I've made use of my trusted Zojirushi breadmaker to make the pizza dough. You can also use the electric mixer using the dough hook to make this.



Homemade Pizza
makes two 8" pizza

Ingredients:
For the pizza Dough
200g plain flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
170g greek style yogurt

For the Filling
Some pizza sauce (I used tomato based pasta sauce)
Ham, cut
Pineapple cubes
Mushrooms, sliced (I omitted as I ran out of sliced mushrooms)
Mozeralla cheese, grated
Cheddar cheese, grated

Method:
For the Pizza Dough
1. Place all ingredients into the breadmaker pan.


2. Make the selection for 'Pasta Dough' setting on your breadmaker.
(For my Zojirushi breadmaker, I chose the 'Cookie/Pasta Dough')



3. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough. The machine will beep after a few minutes. Press start to continue kneading. 

4. After the machine has finished its course of kneading under 'Pasta Dough' setting, remove dough from the pan and place dough onto a floured working surface. (If you do not want to flour your work surface, you can use a non-stick mat.)



5. Divide dough into 2 and roll our into 2 rounds using a rolling pin. Place the rolled dough onto the pizza pan. (I divided the dough into 2 and placed dough onto lined pans and pressed the dough out using my hands into 2 round pizza base.)



Assembly
6. Spread some pizza sauce onto the prepared pizza base.



7. Spread grated mozeralla and cheddar cheese onto the pizza base and place cut ham, pineapple, mushrooms over the cheese. 




8. Top off the pizza with more cheese.


9. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes.


10. Enjoy!


Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your sharing as the pizza looks yummy

    What about ppl w/o breadmaker and like to make pizza using your recipe sharing?
    What other methods can be use beside using breadmaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol, so far I've always made this pizza base using my breadmaker. You can still make this using an electric mixer with a hook beater. This should also take around 10 minutes or slightly more. You can even knead by hand but you will need to experiment and gauge the time required. Sorry I'm not able to advise as I've not tried kneading by hand for this recipe.

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...