Saturday 16 July 2016

Toffee Choco Crunch Cheesecake (Non-baked)


I've been scratching my head over what cake to prepare for my hubby's birthday. I had wanted to make something with custard but time was not on my side to make anything too time-consuming or elaborate. Since cheesecake is something he enjoys, I decided to make a non-baked cheesecake.

I've recently bought a packet of toffee chocolate and my family really enjoyed it. So I decided to use this and some coco crunch to make a Toffee Choco Crunch Cheesecake to surprise my dear hubby on his special day!

I had expected the coco crunch to give the cheesecake a crunchy feel, but it didn't turn out to be so. Still, it was interesting to have the coco crunch but feel free to omit if you prefer to have something crunchy. The addition of the toffee chocolate bits was a winner though. Both my hubby and daughter loved it! I enjoyed the cake too but most of all, I enjoyed and treasured the precious time spent together.


Happy Birthday, my love...


Toffee Choco Crunch Cheesecake
makes a 7" square cake

Ingredients:
For the Base
85g cream crackers (I used Khong Guan's Square Puff)

For the Cheese Layer
Ingredients:
250g cream cheese, softened at room temperature
100g confectioners' sugar
120g condensed milk 
5 tbspn warm water
1 tbspn gelatine
50g coco crunch
50g toffee chocolate bits


Method:
1. Line base of a 7" square springform cake tin with parchment paper and then line with the cream crackers. (I didn't use a loose bottom cake tin. Hence, I lined base and sides of a 7" square tin with parchment paper for easy removal.)


2. Sprinkle gelatine over a bowl of warm water and let the gelatine granules sit and bloom undisturbed for about 8-10 minutes before setting the bowl over a hot water bath to let the gelatine dissolve completely.


3. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and condensed milk until smooth and creamy.



4. Add in the gelatine to the cheese mixture and mix well.


5. With a spatula, mix in the coco crunch and toffee chocolate bits.




6. Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared cake tin.

7. Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight for the cheesecake to set.

8. Remove from cake tin, decorate as desired and serve chilled.




Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...