Monday 16 November 2015

Granola Yogurt


I had some friends over the weekend and served this impromptu dessert - Granola Yogurt after our lunch. I was so glad it was very well received. Some of kids even asked for second helping!!

This dessert is very easy to assemble. In fact, you can have it anytime of the day, even at the breakfast table for a healthy start of a day! All you need is some granola (either store bought or homemade is fine) and yogurt. You can add in some dried fruits or fresh fruits if you like.

Granola
I had baked a new batch of granola. I used the homemade granola recipe from here. But this time, I upped the nuts by about 1 cup, added 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon powder. I also added about a cup of dried cranberries and raisins at the last 10 minutes of the baking time. Due to more ingredients added, I also upped the oil, brown sugar and honey by about 10g each. I'm not sure if it added on to the flavour but since I saw the bottle of golden syrup in my pantry, I squeezed in about 1 tablespoon.




Yogurt
You can use any type of yogurt but I had used Chobani Raspberry Greek Yogurt this time round.




Greek Yogurt is thick and creamy and you can either eat it on its own or incorporate it in snacks, cakes, desserts, smoothies, etc. Greek Yogurt has many benefits. Here are some of reasons why I'm eating greek yogurt :

- High in protein
- Contains vitamins of cluster B, phosphorous, magnesium and potassium
- Rich source of calcium
- Low in carbohydrates 
- Curbs your hunger and may help you to lose weight

- Easy to digest
- Helps digestive system to function properly
- Versatile as it can be eaten on its own, incorporated in recipes, dessert, smoothies or used as a substitute for milk, sour cream, whipping cream due to its thick texture and rich taste

- Indulgent because of its smooth, rich, thick texture and taste

(source from internet and here)



Granola Yogurt

Ingredients:
Granola (store bought or homemade. Recipe here for homemade granola)
Greek yogurt
Dried Fruits/fresh fruits (optional)

Method:
1. In a serving glass, spoon in some granola.

2. Scoop some yogurt onto the granola.

3. Top with some more dried fruits if desired (I omitted as I've already added dried fruits in my granola while baking)

4. Enjoy!



Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.


2 comments:

  1. May I know for rolled oats dont need to do anything to it? instant oats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Luan, I'm using rolled oats. It is different from instant oats. You don't need to do anything to the rolled oats. Just follow the procedure in my step-by-step tutorials. Hope this helps. :)

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...