Wednesday 9 September 2015

Easy Corn Soup


I love the corn soup from MOS Burger and when I see the word 'Easy' Corn Soup, I know I have to give this a try.

As I have frozen corn in the freezer, I did not use fresh corn to make this soup. It is super duper quick and easy to make. All under 30 minutes! 

It's comfort food and a quick meal for me!


Easy Corn Soup
recipe adapted largely from Food-4Tots (Original recipe uses fresh corn. I used frozen corn kernels and made some adjustments.)

Ingredients:
250g frozen corn kernels
1 onion, peeled and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
500ml chicken broth

20g unsalted butter (I used canola oil as I ran out of butter and added about 2 tbspn heavy cream after adding corn kernels to stir fry)
Salt (to taste - I ommitted)
Ground pepper (to taste)


Method:
1. Rinse and drain the frozen corn kernels. Set aside.

2. In a large pot over medium-low heat, melt butter. Add diced onion and garlic and fry until soft, translucent and fragrant.  


3. Add in corn kernels and stir for 1-2 minutes.


4. Pour in chicken broth and bring to boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes.



5. Using a hand blender, blend the soup until it is pureed and smooth.



6. Add salt and ground pepper (to taste).

7. Continue to cook and stir. 


8. The soup is done when it is thick and smooth. (Thin with water or chicken broth if soup is too thick; Thicken soup by cooking further over medium heat if it's too thin)

9. Serve immediately.



Note:
You can keep the soup in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Reheat when ready to consume.


Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning LY, I love corn soup and this is definitely a comforting soup for morning breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...