Monday 24 August 2015

Cookies & Cream Ice Cream


I do not own an ice cream maker, but that has not deterred me from making my own ice-cream and popsicle to beat the hot weather here in sunny Singapore. 

Yes, you heard me right. You CAN make your very own ice-cream without an ice-cream maker and it is super duper easy!

There's always some homemade ice-cream and popsicles in my freezer. I've some dairy whipping cream left after my last bake and sitting on my 'snack' corner is a packet of oreo cookes. So I thought: "What a good way to use them up by making some Cookies & Cream Ice Cream!!"


Here's my perfect scoop!


Cookies & Cream Ice Cream

Ingredients:
100ml milk
60g brown sugar
300ml dairy whipping cream (I used Millac whipping cream with 38% fat)
1 tsp vanilla extract
15 pieces coarsely chopped frozen oreo cookies (with the cream)


Method:
1. Coarsely chop oreo cookes (with cream) and set aside in freezer.


2. Put milk and sugar into a blender and give it a blitz to dissolve the sugar.

3. Add in all other ingredients except the frozen oreo cookies into a blender and give it a good blitz until mixture is thick and creamy.




4. Pour the mixture into a tub and cover with lid. Place in freezer. After every hour, stir the ice cream with a fork. Repeat this about 4 times so that you get a smooth-textured ice cream. 





5. Add in the coarsely chopped frozen oreo cookies and give it a rough stir, then continue to freeze overnight until ice cream is ready.







littlethumbups1-1

This post is linked to – Little Thumbs Up August 2015 (Brown Sugar and Molasses) – organised by Zoe from Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen from My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Jess from Bakericious.


Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

1 comment:

  1. I know this Oreo cookie ice-cream is very yummy and addictive ... so smooth, yum!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...