Friday 1 May 2015

Granola Yogurt Cupcake


It's already late at night, the supermarket near my house has closed and I've run out of bread for tomorrow morning's breakfast. Since I've just made some Homemade Granola and have some Yogurt on hand, I decided to bake a batch of Granola Yogurt Cupcake (actually muffins should be more appropriate) for tomorrow's breakfast and to support my long time friend Cheryl who will be hosting the event Little Thumbs Up (May 2015: Yogurt).

Making this is a breeze since I have all the ingredients needed. Within an hour or so, my kitchen smelled of heaven and I've a batch of these delicious cuppies cooling on the wire rack. This will make such a healthy breakfast and snack, and love that even the granola is homemade! (Recipe for the homemade granola an be found here)

I've got fibre from the rolled oats in my granola, calcium from my yogurt, protein from the eggs, carbohydrate from the flour and sugars...what a great way to kick-start a brand new day!! 

Yogurt (with aloe vera bits) for calcium

http://lykitchenventure.blogspot.sg/2015/04/nutty-homemade-granola.html
Homemade Granola for fibre - click on the image for the recipe

Granola Yogurt Cupcake
makes 12 cupcakes

Ingredients:
100g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
100g butter
35g sugar
2 eggs
100ml yogurt (I used Meiji's yogurt with aloe vera bits)
150g granola

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.

2. Sieve together flour, baking powder and cinnamon powder. Set aside.

3. In a mixing bowl, bream butter and sugar until pale and creamy.

4. Beat in eggs one at a time.

5. Mix in 1/3 flour, followed by 1/2 the yogurt.

6. Mix in another 1/3 flour, followed by the balance yogurt.

7. Add in the balance 1/3 flour and beat till incorporated.

8. Fold in the granola with a spatula.

9. Spoon the batter into cupcake holder till 2/3 full.

10. Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 25mins or until a tooth pick inserted into the centre comes out clean.



This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (May 2015: YOGURT) organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Cheryl of Baking Taitai


Thanks for dropping by. Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hi sis, love your tasty granola yogurt muffin, it's packed with so much nutrition! Thanks for supporting me and sharing your bake with LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi LY,
    You're so quick to make these full of nutrition & fiber yummy-licious Granola Yogurt Cupcake (or muffins) with homemade granola. Thumbs up ^-^!

    ReplyDelete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...