Sunday 29 June 2014

Champion Pumpkin Loaf (Oven-baked in a Pullman tin)


After the last attempt to bake the Champion Sweet Potato Bread, guess what I'm adding to my bread next? PUMPKIN!! I'm making a Champion Pumpkin Loaf this time!

I really like experimenting with the basic Wu Bao Chun's Champion Bread Loaf I tried earlier by adding different vegetables, fruits and seeds to enhance the bread's nutritional value. 

I rarely cook pumpkin, so I decided to add this nutritious fruit to my bread. Blur me...it was only near to the end of the 'Pasta Dough' setting that I realised I have missed out my 'star' ingredient. I quickly added the pumpkin puree in. That explains why I get yellow swirls instead of a uniformly yellow bread.

My girl gave this pumpkin bread thumbs up, saying she preferred this to the Sweet Potato Bread because of the extra pumpkin seeds I've added.

Champion Pumpkin Loaf (Oven-baked in a Pullman tin)
refer to my notes in red if baking bread using breadmaker

Ingredients:
(A) Pumpkin Puree
200g Pumpkin
40g water

(B)
Pumpkin Puree (A)
198g Milk
300g Bread flour
24g Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Instant yeast
15g Unsalted butter
50g Pumpkin seeds (added when machine beeps during the 'Dough' setting')

Method:
1. Microwave the pumpkin meat with some water for 4 minutes. Pour away excess water and mash the pumpkin.

2. Place all ingredients into the pan except butter based on the sequence listed above or by following your breadmaker manufacturers' instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients.
(I'm using Zojirushi breadmaker. I placed all the wet ingredients first, followed by the dry ingredients. Make a dent at the centre of the flour and pour the yeast in the dent last, making sure the yeast does not touch the liquid, sugar and salt.)

3. Make the selection for 'Pasta Dough' setting on your breadmaker.
(For my Zojirushi breadmaker, I chose the 'Cookie/Pasta Dough')

4. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough. The machine will beep after a few minutes. Press start to continue kneading.

5. After the machine has finished its course of kneading under 'Pasta Dough' setting, make the selection for 'Dough' setting. (For baking bread in the breadmaker, I will select 'Soft' mode selection.)

6. Press start and the machine will start kneading the dough after resting for 15 minutes. Add in the butter during this resting stage.

7. When the machine beeps, add the pumpkin seeds.
(For Zojirushi, it will beep near the end of the kneading cycle for adding these ingredients.)

8. Let the breadmaker do the rest. (For baking bread in the breadmaker, the bread will be ready in about 3 hours for 'Soft' mode selection. Skip to step 12.)

9. When the bread dough is proofed, the machine will beep to signal the end of the 'Dough' function. Remove dough from the pan, punch it down and divide into 3 portions.

10. Roll up each portion and place in the pullman tin. Proof for 40 minutes with lid on until the dough rises to about 90% of the tin. (My pullman tin is San Neng brand SN2052, 196 x 106 x 110mm)

11. Bake in preheated oven at 200ºC for 40 minutes.

12. When the bread is done, remove the bread from the tin immediately and let it cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.


Felicia's favourite bread so far


Do link back to LY's Kitchen Ventures if you have used any information published in this blog.

5 comments:

  1. Hi LY, Wu Pao Chun itself is already so good. Making it with pumpkin, seeds and sweet potato must be great. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmy, before I tried bread baking I never thought it could be so versatile. My girl loves the pumpkin bread most because of the pumpkin seeds! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I know what is the size of your pullman tin?
    I love the swirls of the pumpkin on your bread, gives a marble effect:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I know the size of your pullman tin?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeannie,

      My pullman tin is San Neng brand (model SN2052) 450g non-stick tin with lid. Dimension is 196 x 106 x 110 mm.

      Delete

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...